Once again another trick have been found for NTC. You can call it whatever tips, tricks, tweaks, HACK or loophole since this feature has not been officially launched yet. The system I am talking about is Voice mail system for GSM Pre-paid users of NT. This will allow you to send receive voice message to specified phone (the receiver and sender both must have activated voice mail system in order to exchange voice messages).
And the thing which makes it special is that it’s FREE, totally free. NTC doesn’t charge any fees for sending and receiving voice message. This feature may come handy when you don’t have any balance to call or SMS.
Nepal Telecom has been providing Voice Mail Box service since the beginning of Mobile Service in Nepal. Voice Mail Service allows the user to be always in touch. In order to use the voice mail service, user must have CALL FORWARDING facility. If the user wants his/her incoming calls to be diverted to the Voice Mail server on different conditions (like unconditionally, on busy, no reply or out of reach for postpaid and unconditionally only for prepaid subscriber ), he/she must set the call forward number as 011614 in the user’s mobile set. When the call forward service to the voice mail is activated, the incoming calls will be diverted to the voice mail box according to the conditions specified by the user. The calling party can leave the voice message in the mail box of the called party. Once the message is recorded in the mail box, the user will be notified about the new message through Short Message Service (SMS).
The user can then dial his voice mail box and check the new or old messages and manage mail box by dialing the Voice Mail number 011616. It should be noted that the user has to use own mobile SIM to access the voice mail service by this method. Once the user is connected to the voice mail server, the system will guide the user for different options in the service through interactive voice prompts. Users have to listen carefully to the guidelines provided by the system for familiarizing themselves to the service.
- Voice Mail Subscription Charge : None
- Message Deposit Charge : When the Incoming Calls are transferred to Voice Mail Box, the message duration will be charged as the air time charge of the outgoing mobile calls.
- Message Retrieval Charge : There will be no extra charge for the retrieving the messages from the voice mail box.
- Mail Box Management Charge : No additional charge for Mail Box management (Active/Inactive)
VMS Number for call deposit : 011614
VMS Number for call retrieval : 011616
Additional services available now:
- Miss call notification – some one dials a mobile number, if in case the call has been diverted to voice mail and the caller disconnect the call before the message deposit tone is heard, then the called number will be miss call information via sms.
- Heard Message Notification – A caller deposits a voice message. After the called party listens to the deposited message, the depositor (caller) will get sms confirming that his message has been heard by the called party.
– Nepal Telecom
Dialing 011614 to send voice message costs you air time charge.
To ACTIVATE VOICE MAIL SERVICE you’ll have to follow the instructions below.
- Dial the code in bold letters in your phone, *21*011614# (This will send a service command to service provider and a message pops out with, Call Diverted or some thing similar to this. Never mind as you’ve dialed the number any message will be OK )
- Now you’ll see a call divert icon in your normal stand by screen, the icon resembles the curved or turning arrow.
- Now check if the call divert works or not by calling to your own number.
- You’ll be weclomed to Voice mail service after the notification of call diversion.
- Then you can Hangup.
- OK now get back to the phone where you have activated call divert option. Again in the stand by screen dial #21# . This will disable the call divert option and the call divert logo will disappear from your screen. Not every phone model shows call diver logo.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully activated the voice mail system from NTC.
You may ask, “where is the hack?” Here it is..
NTC claims the VMS Number for call deposit : 011614 , and dialing this number costs you airtime charge. So what you must do while sending voice message is follow the steps below, to SEND VOICE MAIL to another Voice mail service activated number)
- Put the following initial number while dialing any Voice mail service activated number, 011616984XXXXXXX i.e. 011616[YOUR NUMBER]
- Then follow the system guidlines.
If you followed the steps above you won’t get any charges for sending and receiving voice mails.
To CHECK YOUR VOICE MAIL (INBOX)
- To check if you have voice mail or not, dial this number 011616, then follow the instructions by the robot.
This is totally free you won’t get any amount charged for the exchange of message. You can record your message up to 60 Seconds. It can be useful to one who wants to hear voice instead of message.
I found this service pretty helpful. If you are not able to activate this system then don’t hesitate to contact us. Enjoy Voice messaging 😉
UPDATE: This loophole is now removed by NTC. It no more works.